Tuesday, July 11, 2006

World Series of Pop Culture

In a night where I couldn't fall asleep, I found myself flipping on to find The World Series of Pop Culture on VH1. Why did I not get a personal invite to this competition? Don't they know that I read Entertainment Weekly (real journalism...not a tabloid), have watched TV religiously as a kid, and love movies? I would be awesome at this thing. In fact, last night I was running approximately 80% hit rate on questions. For example, TV theme songs...2 missed answers by contestants...three's company and full house. I mean come on. Now admittedly this is only the first round, so the questions are likely to get more difficult. But give me time to study and I am confident in domination.

In fact I could put together the 3 man dream team with my be fellow bloggers - James Callender and Code Monkey. I would put Code Monkey on Music, I would put James Callender on Television, and I would put myself on Movies. We would be on our way to the grand prize. Though sadly the grand prize is only $250k (unlike the $1mm shows these days)...split 3 ways and after tax is not that much unless you have a 100% probability of victory. That said my confidence knows no bounds (we'll see if my tune changes when we see the questions in the final rounds).

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Chimpanzee Rage said...

Hey, sign me up. How on earth did I miss this show?? I need to hook that TiVo up again. It tells me what to do and is never wrong. Its like the girlfriend i never had.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger droracle said...

My Tivo has failed me... it didn't record this show for me. Game Show + Pop Culture Triva = Guaranteed entertainment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home