Monday, June 19, 2006

Heat - Suns Game 5 Review

Wow! That is why they play the game.

This playoff season has been one of the most interesting and fun to watch in a long time. I believe there have been a record number of overtime games and we just saw one in the NBA Finals.

The Heat pull through in what I previously declared a must win game for the Heat in order to have a shot at the title, given the ridiculously unfair 2-3-2 format. We'll never know what Stackhouse there might have done, but I think it is a moot point because Howard and Harris both played extremely well. Defense on Dirk continues to be excellent.

Of this series, for me, Jason Terry is the surprise. That guy can play....drives to the basket and makes outside shots with a high shooting percentage. (I may be late in realizing this by not paying enough attention in the regular season)

As for the timeout that Josh Howard called...I am reminded of the Chris Webber ill fated timeout called that he didn't have during the NCAA Championship during the Fab 5 era. Alas since Webber's pro career has been mixed and uninspiring, the timeout will never be forgotten. But it turns out as I have read today that Josh Howard has had this problem before though in a just a regular season ACC game...can't compare to the NCAA championship or the NBA Finals game. (from epsn.com In college, on Feb. 24, 2002, Howard was with Wake Forest when he called a timeout he didn't have with 1.3 seconds left against Maryland. That's a technical foul, and Juan Dixon made 1-of-2 free throws to win the game)

After Game 2 when the Mavs were up 2-0, tradesports.com listed the mavs as 68% likely to win the championship. Now the market stands at even. And I agree. I think you have to give Game 6 to the Mavs coming off 3 loses in a row and returning home. Game 7, for the title, and I don't know who will win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home