Monday, June 12, 2006

Heat - Suns Game 2 Review

I must admit...i couldn't bear to watch passed the 3rd qtr and I apparently I didn't need to.

While it would be very easy to say that Shaq was an unmitigated disaster in Game 2...I think further analysis points to more. Wade? Did he even show up this game? Shaq was held to only 5 points in the game, but Shaq was doubled teamed the entire game. You try playing 2 on 1 and tell me how well you do. But in theory this means there is a man open for Miami, yet no open man was able to convert. I believe this lies in the hands of Wade to create. If the rest of the Heat can't win at 4 on 3, then they have no business in the NBA finals.

Antoine Walker? I keep hearing how he was this great starter for the Celtics and big scorer and how he took this role change. He doesn't look like a star to me. The only positive I have to say for Miami is Haslem. He has shown he can contain Dirk (at least up until now) and that is no small feat...which makes Miami's struggles even greater than they would appear (ie these beats would have been even worse without Haslem's defense).

Watching this series and this playoffs had me thinking of the times of Michael Jordan. It is I think so easy to see how great he was, even more so in retrospect. The guy refused to lose and had the ability to carry his team and will it to win (no matter how many people guarded him). I definitely don't see that in Shaq (ever- historically or in the future). Lebron James shows glimpses of that every so often...but i will not be in line to be claiming him the next Michael Jordan, despite what Nike will have you believe with their blatant #23.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home